In Partnership – Malahide United & Dundalk F.C.
Representatives from Malahide Utd & Dundalk F.C. along with local dignitaries from both areas gathered in Gannon Park on Wednesday evening to officially announce a partnership programme between the two clubs.
This idea is the brain-child of Malahide Director of Coaching, Kevin Craven & Operations & Development Manager from Dundalk F.C., Martin Connolly. Both passionate & driven individuals regarding football it was not difficult for them to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement as both clubs share a similar ethos & football philosophy.
Malahide players will now have a pathway into League of Ireland football with Premier winning Club Dundalk F.C. This is a unique & very exciting development for Malahide….to be associated with a League of Ireland club is great news…to be associated with Premier League reigning champions Dundalk F.C. is fantastic news.
This will be a partnership in the true sense with regular meetings between the clubs to discuss coaching initiates & ideas along with coaching staff exchanges to host training sessions from time to time. Malahide players will also get the opportunity to visit Oriel Park for Airtricity league games.
This new pathway programme is a very attractive proposition and will appeal to talented & ambitious players from all areas.
MUAFC Chairman Don Butler’s statement on this new partnership and pathway for development of young players between Malahide United AFC & Dundalk F.C. – 20th May 2015
Pathway for the development of Young players
Malahide United AFC is delighted this evening, to welcome the Management and staff of Dundalk Football club, this follows on from a number of meetings between representatives from Malahide United and Dundalk FC, during which the possibility of forming an alliance from a football & coaching point of view between the two clubs
It is no coincidence, that this action, is in line with the announcement earlier this year, from the FAI’S Technical Advisory committee of a clear Pathway for players from the National under 17 league, where League of Ireland clubs would link up with Schoolboy teams.
The meetings which were carried out over a 7 month period, have agreed a way forward, which we feel, will benefit both clubs.
The following points were raised, and agreed following various meetings
- Both clubs are community based and will continue to be so, and will continue to develop and improve soccer in their area’s
- Both clubs share a similar coaching and football ethos, its about the player, not necessarily about winning
- Both clubs to remain completely independent, both in name, and club colours
- The group felt that the fit is right, for both clubs, both from a geographical view point [35 minutes on the M1] and accessibility
- Malahide United AFC will now have a clear pathway for all our players, from 4 years of age to the premier league of Ireland
- Dundalk FC who are the current Champions of Ireland and will be competing in the European Champions are the ideal fit for Malahide United FC we share a similar coaching ideology and we continue to develop our facilities to the highest possible level
- Both clubs have agreed a clear program as follows
- BOTH CLUBS to exchange invites between coaches, to review, and discuss new ideas and initiatives
- Malahide United , to promote to their young players the benefit of joining Dundalk FC from under 17 and promote the scholarship program with Dundalk Institute of technology
- Both clubs to exchange invites coaching sessions from time to time
- Dundalk FC to invite Malahide united young players to Oriel Park for Airtricity league games
In Conclusion, both clubs share a similar philosophy with regards to player development , and this alliance, copper fastens the way forward for Malahide United Players
We appreciate your attendance here this evening
Malahide United AFC
20TH /May/ 2015